Mario VS. Luigi - Finale Mario VS. Luigi - Finale

Meh.

It's good, but i see some flaws here that can be resolved. I don't care what other people think of this review, i for one did not think it's 5/5 10/10 material. One thing that tickles my nerve is the signature move name base. This may seem minor but it's really been making a way into my discomfort zone. Mario and Luigi is an american franchise, seeing that it's a Mario and Luigi battle the names could be more directed to the actual content. Instead of (Insert Japanese name here) it could be called the "Toadstool Slam" or something of that nature.
It's well animated, but i have also noticed a dangerous amount of movement repetition, the entire fight mainly consisted of DBZ style punch combat and spinning, much spinning, and i think there's a whole room of movement opportunity that can be added besides the movement base you've chosen. Smooth animation, boring fighting. All in all i'll give it a 7/10 and 4/5.

Exorz responds:

Hey i never said i should be getting a 5/5 or 10/10. I`m just glad you like it. And that i have a decent score.
But i want to tell you something.
1. The one who created Super Mario BROS is Japanese, and even if he isn`t, i know MANY games (maybe all) that have been translated to Japanese. So tell me, how come that doesn`t tick you off but this does? OR that SMBZ does the same thing (almost)?
I credit PacBoy for using his idea; writing down signature movement analysis is his AND the creator of Mega Sonic Bros` ideas. And i know combining English with Japanese doesn`t fit very well, but it was worth to try.
2. Let`s see... Movement repetition you say. Yes i quite noticed that. I wasn`t trying to do ANYTHING fancy around there, i was training. This is a training project, and i`ve mainly tried to learn as many effects by doing some random experiments on commands and whatnots. And if i were to judge, i`d say the last part (when Mario transforms to Gorem) was rushed up. All he did was 2 rolls on Luigi and he`s down.
So i will try to fix that. About the spinning part. For the last time, this isn`t copying SONIC or BEYBLADE. Geez. Play 'Super Mario: Partners in Time', a RPG game for NDS, you`ll see what i really mean by that. There was involved that spinning part.
3. DBZ... SMBZ... What the goddamn flying hell is wrong with you all?! DBZ`s style is all cocky talk and strong punches and all blasts. That`s it. SMBZ is way another style of DBZ, I can`t deny that, Alvin has his own style just that he uses DBZ soundeffects. WHERE THE HELL DO U SEE THE RESEMBLANCE THERE?!
And here, i might say its SMBZ ripoff, not DBZ. But since everyone animates his own way, it can`t be considered so. I mean there are like 2 or 3 DBZ soundeffects used here and they can be merely heard or rarely used here. (Except for the misses. the Stickman ones were low on volume to hear).
I am not mad or angry, CAPS LOCK doesn`t mean i`m yelling, just so you can see my point clearer. More like emphasizing. And i really appreciate the constructive criticism but i can get really mad when people judge something unfairly. I don`t say YOU did so, i`m saying MANY do so. Everyone`s like: 'OMG this is SMBZ', or 'I HATE MARIO', or 'This is sprite bullcrap' etc... People really need to judge stuff properly.
And again, i really appreciate your kind review, but you ought to think about the whole DBZ thing, you know.

Dead Space Fail Dead Space Fail

Lolol hilarious.

Did anybody noticed that baby make the FUUUUUUU-- face?

Africa Dudes Africa Dudes

Lol

Lol i love all of their different spears.

Skinny Skinny

I love your reference usage in this game.

That cage is the bird's cage from Coma :O! Now that that's out of the way, your games have always been vague and meaningful. This one was a little bit hard to grasp, i will not go into details, but this game is amazing. I love your style of artwork and your habit of making games the way they are.

Zombies - Surrounded Zombies - Surrounded

Great!

At the moron under me... first of all proof read your review moron, if you want to try to sound smart then spell correctly. Second, the events happen in this game for a reason, its a no brainer that your going to be stuck in the basement if you fell through a hole. And third if the creator was 14, he most likely wouldnt have the coding experience to make a game like this, does the voice acting really sound like theyre anywhere NEAR 14?? Wow you people are pathetic... and notice how i spelled "pathetic" instead of "patetic." And to the creator of this game, the game is a really good game, good artwork, and the concept was pretty much mastered by you.
You are planning on making a sequel right? Because this game was pretty short. Voice acting was well blended in, and its creepy enough to wonder whats going to happen next. Overall... 9/10 and the prime reason i rated this a nine because the sniper scope was a little free going and the length of the game. But overall great work and i hope to see more from you ^^.

MichaelJ responds:

My name is Michael J, I'm 14 years old buddy.
I didn't do the voice acting, I got other people to do it.
I got help with the actionscript for the overhead part, but I did everything else in the game myself (being 97% of the coding)
I'll call you if you don't believe me. XD

Paths 2 Paths 2

To the people

This is by far one of the hardsest puzzle games i have ever played, but i cant stop playing it. It met all of the good criteria of a puzzle game. And PS: To all of the people leaving rude comments on this game... you can move pieces WHILE THE BALL IS MOVING.

A Second Chance A Second Chance

My god.

Depth, meaning, emotion, everything that new age music lacks is displayed here.
This can only explain to me how sophisticated the human race can be, while rap and hip hop tell me how ignorant we as a species can be. Every time i listen to a track like this it blows my mind, because i still know that people like YOU and everybody else whose intelligence surpasses everybody else is still out there, expressing real talent and knowing your notes like they're your home. I know this sounds repetitive because of everybody else, but thank you and i salute you because as simplistic piano solos are, they are always my favorite, and a piano solo like this should be recognized and played for everybody to here, not just the 6000 people who stumbled upon it and the many people who played K.O.L.M.

~NK~ "Nightfall" ~NK~ "Nightfall"

This music is amazing.

Here's a logical friking question to the dude under me. If you enjoyed it was a 5 nessicary? Look at your comment and look at your rating, a minor mistake doesnt have to drastically alter a rating.

Sleepy Village Sleepy Village

Great!

This totally reminded me of oblivion. Normally when you visit small cities during nightfall you hear sleepy village music. I really liked it and this amounts greatly to it! Big resemblance, great job! Were you basing it off of Obilvion?

ProudAardvark responds:

Hey Rystan, thanks! I was probably more influenced by the original Final Fantasy, but yeah the genre is all connected. I haven't actually heard the Oblivion track that people keep telling me this sounds like, I'll have to check it out...

Edd Edd

Nice drawing :3

Edd and Tom :D. Eddsworld, i hope Edd gets well soon.